English
Sorry guys - it's a nucanse trying to write norwegian without the essential letters ae, oe, aa. Therefore this blogg will, untill further notice be posted only in english. Maybe some of my new friend from Juliette Low will be able to enjoy it as well ;)
Ayrangabad must have been the shabbiest, dirtiest hostel I have ever stayed in. And I belive that (maybe net to the trainstation in Milan) it had the most moskitoes too! I have 27 moskitobites, on my hads and face. Thankfully the rest of my body was covered by my sleeping bag during the night! Anyway, after a few days of borrowing random remedies from amung others the chairwoman of WAGGGS's world board, I was able to find a chemist and get my own litte tube of cream that I carry everywhere. I look much better now, and I hardly scrach :)
Ganesh...
The last week there has been a grat feastival in Maharashtra in honor of the hindi god Ganesh (son of Shiva, easily recignised by having an elephant head). There has been decorations all over, and temporary templels in every neighborhood. Yesterday the festival columinated in the ritual carrying of the god to the river/osean in numerus parades (17.mai assosiations...). Drums, music and dansing in the streets. Children watching from their mothers arms, slightly scared, sligthly impressed. Like holi (color festival in the spring) people trew color powder on eachother, but only pink, and not nearly as extencivly as during holi. It was fun to see the people marching into the water with their gods, sinking them and splashing themselves with the water, children playing in the waves, women staying clear of the water, young men going straight in and out of the water without any fuss. All different - all the same.

Next stop: Amanabad in the state of Gujarat. Write you then!

Ingen kommentarer:
Legg inn en kommentar